Granite, soapstone, or quartz supplied by Elite Countertops or Ele Mar warehouse will drastically improve the overall look of your bathroom or kitchen.
Marble offers the classic and timeless beauty of natural stone. Nothing beats marble for sheer elegance. It stands up to heat well and because it stays cool, is a traditional choice for pastry and baking stations. Marble often costs less than granite and adds light and brightness to the kitchen. Some cons about marble is it is very susceptibel to stains and can scratch and chip, even with sealing. To overcome these concerns, marble is sometimes limited to one or two kitchen work areas.
Homeowners who want an exquisite and exclusive product in their home are choosing soapstone countertops over granite and other surfaces due to many good reasons:
- Soapstone does not stain
- Soapstone counters are not harmed by hot pots, citrus, wine, acids or chemicals.
- The only maintenance recommended, not required, is the mineral oil treatment to enhance the natural darkening process the stone goes through and to ensure the soapstone darkens evenly . Mineral oil is not recommended to protect the soapstone, it does not need protection since it is naturally non porous.
- Cleaning your soapstone tops can be done with any of the common household cleaners, no need to buy special sealants or other “hard to find” often harsh chemicals.
- The cost of soapstone is comparable to other natural stones.
- Soapstone can be offered in a variety of different textures, unlike most other natural stones that are only available with a high polished finish. Some clients like the stone to feel rougher to the touch, others like it a little smoother and some like it in between, we can please all tastes by re-finishing the top of the slabs, at no additional cost.
Granite countertops are hard and durable with a one-of-a-kind beauty created by nature. Granite is made of interlocking mineral crystals including feldspar and quartz.Granite offers these qualities:
- Scratch and heat resistant.
- Hides dirt and is easy to clean.
- Does not blister and is not easily chipped.
- Protects against mold and mildew.
- Offers a beautiful variety of different patterns of veins, specks and swirls.
- Warehouses like EleMar Granite in Tualatin, Oregon can help you select the granite slabs for your project.